by Kevin Leung
on Wednesday, November 27th, 2019 at 10:30am.
There is no better time than right now if you are thinking about listing your Calgary Home for Sale. Here are 10 reasons why one should list their home during the holidays.
1. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and less competition means potentially more showings and/or money for you!
2. People who for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
3. Houses show better when decorated for the holidays.
4. The supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, so there will be less demand for your specific home. Less demand means potentially less showings and/or money for you.
5. You can sell now for more money. (We can certainly provide an option for delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.)
6. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay closer to your offering price.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
8. Buyers have more time to look for a Calgary Home during the holidays than they do during the work week.
9. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers can't wait until spring to buy, your Calgary House must be on the market now!
10. Your house can still be on the market, but you'll have the flexibility to limit showings during the 6 to 7 days during the holidays.
What to know what your Calgary Home is worth? Fill in the form below for your free no obligation market evaluation.